Reducing Mosquito-Borne Illness
Grafton Community Television (GCTV) taped Dr. Telford’s lecture. It will be rebroadcast on the dates listed below and is also available on demand.
Reducing Mosquito-Related Health Risks – Broadcast Times for Grafton Government Television (Charter Communications Channel 12 / Verizon Channel 33)
This program will air on Grafton Government Television for one-month at the same days and times listed below:
- Monday, July 22nd, 2013 – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 – 4:00 pm
- Thursday, July 25th, 2013 – 7:00 pm
- Friday, July 26th, 2013 – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, July 28th, 2013 – 9:00 am
Reducing Mosquito-Related Health Risks – Link to Grafton TV Video On Demand
Reducing Mosquito-Related Health Risks – Link to Grafton Community Television You Tube Video
Summer is associated with many wonderful things but enduring mosquito bites isn’t one of them. Growing awareness of mosquito-borne illnesses such as Eastern Equine Encephalitis and the West Nile virus has spurred questions from community members about how best to protect themselves against these diseases. Sam R. Telford, III, infectious disease expert and professor at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, will provide answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about mosquito-borne illness at a lecture on Tuesday, July 16 at 6 p.m. at the Agnes Varis Auditorium in North Grafton. Joined by Grafton Health Agent Lois Luniewicz, Telford will take questions from the audience and cover a range of issues, including the types of mosquitoes that carry disease, times of year that pose higher risks and best approaches to mosquito control. The event is free and open to the public.
- Free lecture, “What You Can Do to Reduce Mosquito-Related Health Risks”
- Sam R. Telford, III, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University
Lois Luniewicz, Town of Grafton Health Department
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013, from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Agnes Varis Auditorium, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine Tufts University, Route 30, North Grafton, MA 01536
For media inquiries, please contact Rushmie Nofsinger at Rushmie.email@example.com or 508-839-7910.
For more information about attending the event please contact Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 887-4723.