October is National Animal Safety and Protection Month
Follow these simple steps to keep your beloved companion animal healthy and safe. You will undoubtedly be rewarded by unconditional love and affection!
- Flea and tick prevention: There are many options available including: monthly spot-on-treatments prescribed from your veterinarian, flea and tick collars for dogs who spend a lot of time outdoors, and flea shampoos and powders only if recommended by your veterinarian
- Heartworm prevention: Giving tablets recommended by your veterinarian are the best choice
- Pet proof your home: Take care to remove all poisonous plants & food from your animals reach, remove anti-freeze and cleaners that your pet could get into
- Make sure your pets are up to date on shots and routine wellness visits
- Consider safety restraints in your car for your pet
- Spay/Neuter your companion animal