Boston.cbslocal.com A local family brought their dog to Foster Hospital for Small Animals after she accidentally ingested over three dozen pieces of sugar-free gum containing Xylitol. In this story, Dr. Elizabeth Rozanski comments on how… Read More
There’s local and general—and they work very differently The Tufts video series Ever Wonder features faculty and other experts answering questions for the curious about all manner of topics—from how we forget to what are… Read More
Veterinary behaviorist Stephanie Borns-Weil, V07, and emergency/critical care veterinary technician Michelle Damon from the Foster Hospital for Small Animals, respond Many of us were taught that “scruffing” a cat—or grabbing the animal by the loose… Read More
Essential oils can be very dangerous for pets, particularly in their 100 percent concentrated form. And with essential oils’ growing popularity and the use of diffusors and warmers, which release the oils into a home’s air, pets’ risk of exposure increases. Birds are especially sensitive and should never be exposed to essential oils.