Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

Emergency Medicine & Critical Care

Hank Investigates: Tetanus in Dogs

Thursday, September 10th, 2020

Dr. Ian DeStefano spoke with 7 News Boston about tetanus in dogs and a case that was successfully treated at Foster Hospital.

tetanus bacteria - in fluid

Tetanus rare in dogs, but clean wounds

Monday, August 10th, 2020

Alum Dr. John de Jong answers a Boston Herald reader’s questions about tetanus in dogs—and gives kudos to the Foster Hospital staff who recently diagnosed and successfully treated a pet with this rare and potentially deadly infection.

puggle licking its paw

Triumphing over Tetanus

Wednesday, July 29th, 2020

Not many dogs contract this infection—and many of those that do die. However, intensive care at the Foster Hospital saved two pets with severe tetanus in less than a year

Brooklyn, a three-year-old golden retriever, and Jayne Smith pose for a photo, along one of their usual walking paths where Brooklyn contracted tetanus but was successfully treated at Foster Hospital for Small Animals at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine.

An S.O.S. for Australian Wildlife

Thursday, January 23rd, 2020

Wildfires are ravaging the continent’s wild marsupials and other animals—Cummings School alumni are on the ground helping

Humane Society International’s Kelly Donithan, VG12, giving water to a koala bear as part of the disaster relief from the fires in Australia

Don’t Feed Snacks to the Ducks and Geese!

Tuesday, November 19th, 2019

Tufts Veterinary Specialists Caution on Danger of Feeding Inappropriate Snacks to Ducks and Geese Ms. Cindy Thomas-Griffith, a long-standing client, has been receiving her veterinary care at Cummings Veterinary Medical Center for more than 25 years. With… Read More

A Better Way to Screen Cats for Heart Disease

Thursday, October 17th, 2019

Training local veterinarians to use ultrasound to screen cats for heart disease could lead to earlier detection, veterinary cardiologists at Cummings School find

veterinarian examing a cat on an exam table

Dog Recovering After Eating 39 Pieces Of Gum

Thursday, September 26th, 2019

Boston.cbslocal.com A local family brought their dog to Foster Hospital for Small Animals after she accidentally ingested over three dozen pieces of sugar-free gum containing Xylitol. In this story, Dr. Elizabeth Rozanski comments on how… Read More

Rosie, two and a half year old bull mastiff