Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search Open Directory Close Directory

foster hospital for small animals

Hank Investigates: Tetanus in Dogs

Thursday, September 10th, 2020

Dr. Ian DeStefano spoke with 7 News Boston about tetanus in dogs and a case that was successfully treated at Foster Hospital.

tetanus bacteria - in fluid

Tetanus rare in dogs, but clean wounds

Monday, August 10th, 2020

Alum Dr. John de Jong answers a Boston Herald reader’s questions about tetanus in dogs—and gives kudos to the Foster Hospital staff who recently diagnosed and successfully treated a pet with this rare and potentially deadly infection.

puggle licking its paw

Triumphing over Tetanus

Wednesday, July 29th, 2020

Not many dogs contract this infection—and many of those that do die. However, intensive care at the Foster Hospital saved two pets with severe tetanus in less than a year

Brooklyn, a three-year-old golden retriever, and Jayne Smith pose for a photo, along one of their usual walking paths where Brooklyn contracted tetanus but was successfully treated at Foster Hospital for Small Animals at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine.

A Better Way to Screen Cats for Heart Disease

Thursday, October 17th, 2019

Training local veterinarians to use ultrasound to screen cats for heart disease could lead to earlier detection, veterinary cardiologists at Cummings School find

veterinarian examing a cat on an exam table

Dog Recovering After Eating 39 Pieces Of Gum

Thursday, September 26th, 2019

Boston.cbslocal.com A local family brought their dog to Foster Hospital for Small Animals after she accidentally ingested over three dozen pieces of sugar-free gum containing Xylitol. In this story, Dr. Elizabeth Rozanski comments on how… Read More

Rosie, two and a half year old bull mastiff

A Close Call

Wednesday, May 1st, 2019

When a minor injury led to a life-threatening infection for Rocky, the Foster Hospital saved the day.

Rocky Lage, an Australian shepherd

Are essential oils dangerous to pets?

Friday, December 21st, 2018

Essential oils can be very dangerous for pets, particularly in their 100 percent concentrated form. And with essential oils’ growing popularity and the use of diffusors and warmers, which release the oils into a home’s air, pets’ risk of exposure increases. Birds are especially sensitive and should never be exposed to essential oils.

A Miracle for Moose

Thursday, November 1st, 2018

Dialysis helps a puppy survive eating grapes.