Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

xylitol

Dog Recovering After Eating 39 Pieces Of Gum

Thursday, September 26th, 2019

Boston.cbslocal.com A local family brought their dog to Foster Hospital for Small Animals after she accidentally ingested over three dozen pieces of sugar-free gum containing Xylitol. In this story, Dr. Elizabeth Rozanski comments on how… Read More

Rosie, two and a half year old bull mastiff

The Hidden Dangers of Xylitol to Your Dog

Tuesday, April 12th, 2016

Did you know that many common household items (sugarless gum, candy, even some peanut butter) contain Xylitol, a sugar alcohol which is highly toxic to dogs? Learn more about the dangers of Xylitol and what immediate actions to take should your companion animal ingest the toxin. Swift action matters.

Common Household Dangers to Your Pets

Friday, February 13th, 2015

We have all been there, experienced the sinking feeling that accompanies the moment we realize our beloved family pet ingests a potentially dangerous toxin. Some common toxins include: chocolate, xylitol, (a sugar alternative), human medications, certain plants, rodenticides and antifreeze. You should always seek veterinary care if you suspect your pet has eaten any of these products, read on to learn more about common household dangers.